thefightguru.com is always looking for contributors who would like to be part of our team. At this time we offer NO financial compensation for submissions. Compensation is yours in the way of an opportunity for you to be published online and gain an increased exposure to your material. We hope you’ll find that having your name and material exhibited on the World Wide Web will be personally gratifying to you and will lead to other rewarding opportunities for you to market your work! We want you to get exposure and gain new readers. We wish to help promote you and your works in any way we can. Submit your article to [email protected]for consideration.
To have your work considered, please follow our general guidelines:
– Title of your work, preferably one that contains the names of the main fighters in the article.
– We will not consider previously published articles.
– Proof your work thoroughly. Typographical and grammatical errors distract the reader. Such errors may disqualify your submission, and will certainly make a less than favorable impression.
– Word count is completely open. Write as much as you feel is necessary to cover the topic, and then stop. Your article will be edited, and may be trimmed or additional information may be added as necessary.
– Do not use ALL CAPS, even for titles.
– Send as word attachment or paste it into the body of your e-mail.
We accept submissions in each of six categories:
– Breaking News
– Historical articles about past fights/fighters.
– Fighter interviews.
– Boxing Previews.
– Fight reports.
– What if? Hypothetical fighter match-ups, for example, fighters from different eras, weight classes.
– Fighter analysis – an article on a particular fighter, which discusses his career, fighting style, and future fights.
We’re open to almost any type of writing within those categories. Specifically, we’re looking for original work with fresh ideas and strong, clean, concise writing. We want to see pieces that readers will think about after they’ve finished reading them.
Where to Send
Submissions should be mailed to the editor at: [email protected]